"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dinner for My Honey!

The hub's party last night was a success! Everyone loved the sandwiches and hubby got lots of cool gardening things :)

After all my hard prep working yesterday and all the slaving I did in the kitchen, I couldn't bring myself (or the wallet) to slave up a wonderful dinner for him again this evening. The night of his actual birthday - Valentine's Day.

I should have. I could have whipped up a wonderful Birthday & Valentine's Day Dinner. Surf & Turf - 2 favorites for a double whammy holiday. But I didn't. I couldn't. I was whooped. And honestly, hubs said he wasn't that hungry at dinner time anyways.

So we did what any people who live nowhere near any decent restaurants would do. Or any sane couple looking to go out on Valentine's Day without reservations would do!

We went to the 'truck stop buffet'!

That's right folks! Here is the hub getting his share of the all you can eat salad bar.

And here is our heart attacks on a plate!...yes.....it was edible.....or so we were told......

I think we treated ourselves quite nicely if you ask me ;)

3 comments:

Catherine said...

That's great! Every now & then it's so much fun to go & pig out at a buffet! And I live near some really nice restaurants so I don't even have your great excuse! :)

Hope you guys had a great day!

Nathan (2af) said...

Heart attacks on a plate or not it is probably healthier than any food you'll receive through your driver's side window (aka McDonalds etc). Probably tastier too.

Unknown said...

Yes Nathan, lol, this is true!