"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Novice's Take 2

We are in the midst of seed ordering, sorting and starting! I just dropped an order in the mail today for some pepper seeds & tomato's and came to the conclusion that we are NUTS! On top of the orchard [120 some trees], Allen is planning on adding 2 more gardens and the pumpkin patch behind the pasture. We are NUTS! Oh yeah, and mom and I are going to attempt to revive the grape vines ;)

We ordered 8 different pepper seed varities which we're excited for. And this doesn't include a few pepper seeds I believe we already have. They are:

White Habenaro
Giant Ghost Pepper
Italian Pepperoncini
Chicken Heart Pepper
Early Jalapeno Pepper
Jamaican Pepper
Flourescent Purple Pepper
and....the 'Peter Pepper' ....and I will leave this vareity at that until I have pictures of it to post ;)

From this same supplier, I also ordered Yellow Brandywine and White Bianca Tomato's.

We are still awaiting in the mail an heirloom seed company's catalog where I hope to order leeks, cucumbers, cabbage, edamame, tomatillos, kale and onions.

I am sorry, did you just ask me if we are crazy? Why yes, yes we are! To Be Continued......
Oh, PS, don't forget about my herb garden too!

No comments: