"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Thursday, February 18, 2010

Going Green....transportation

I knew there was a reason why, when I was little, my mom said I used to wish I was Amish! (I know, I am queer!) I always thought it was because they had horses. Let's be honest - who doesn't love their plumbing...when it works!

But as of late, I am convinced that driving a horse and buggy down quiet country roads might not be such a bad idea after all. I cannot STAND the city congestion. I am so glad, every day, that my morning commute to work is not what it used to be. The only traffic I hit now is an occassional school bus or, the actual horse and buggy ;)

People are erratic in their vehicles. And I am not going to lie, sometimes I am one of them people.....ok, maybe a lot of times! And the stress just isn't worth it. I will take my country life and open roads any day over the bumper to bumper heart attack of the city.

So, with that being said.....which one of my lovelies is ready for the challenge?

Apollo: *gulp* Nah! Even the mere thought of hitching something up behind him makes my (and I am sure his) heart palpatate and extra beat a second ;) Let's just do all ourselves a favor.

Gypsy: Sweet Queen Gypsy...she'd look at me like I am nuts. "Pffst - I am in semi-retirement! You are lucky I let those kids on me!"

Daisy: Well, I must admit, the carriage would be 100x's her size and it would garner some interesting looks from people!

Romeo: He sure would look pretty pulling a cart with all that high stepping action he has going on naturally! But with his firey attitude, I may as well start my car and keep the road rage to myself.

Who am I kidding - as long as I work outside of my home, I'll need some horsepower...the man made kind....the get me there. *sigh* Maybe I can hitch a ride with a buggy that comes down my road ;)

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I say test it out for a week! :)