"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Thursday, April 15, 2010

An Attack

Tonight I was attacked.
I was attacked by......da da dummmm, the Farm Manager.

That witch! Now I feel for the mice...and rabbits....and birds......

She was fighting with Magpie through my patio screen door and I tried to break it up. She turned - and then took it out on my legs! There are puncture wounds and I immediately doused them in alcohol. If I wake up looking like an elephant, she may be fired from her position!

My camera bit the dust at the most inopportune time - SPRING! While everything is in bloom :/ So I have to rely on the cell cam for now. Here is my beautiful Magnolia bush in FULL bloom. this time next week, all those petals will probably be on the ground.
And I thought I would throw in a few pics of our orchard trees as of this evening. We are about 2 weeks ahead of schedule in where the trees should be due to the unseasonably warm weather we've had. This can be a scary thing for apple famer's since it can still drop down to frost temperatures. Where our trees are at now in the growing stage, the frost could kill off our whole crop :/ Keep you fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

Apple Tree at the 'pink' stage....next is bloom!


Pear Tree at Bloom



A few Pears at Bloom and a few at 'White Bud'

No comments: