"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, April 12, 2010

A Farm Comparison

I am still to tired to even *think* about rehashing my weekend.

Tonight [and tomorrow night] I am in a hotel, out of town for work. Allen also seems to get jealous when I have to take this small day or two trips for work because he views it as a vacation away from farm work! I always think he is crazy....regardless of the work, I'd rather be at home on my farm with all my animals :) Snuggling with a hotel pillow is nothing like snuggling with a hound!

On the flip side though, I guess I can kinda see his perspective. Let's compare shall we?

Home: No room service with my breakfast and coffee
Nice* Hotel: Breakfast and coffee delivered to my door at the time I specify

Home: Wake up when the rooster crows and work my butt off before I get to work
Nice* Hotel: Wake up with the alarm, get dressed, go to meetings

Home: I cook dinner and hope it is good
Nice* Hotel: I order a fine dining dinner while I sip on wine waiting for it to be prepared for me

Home: stalls, litter boxes and dog poo to clean
Nice* Hotel: ehhh, anti-bacterial wipe the tv remote??!!

Home: Rip my hair out brushing it after a shower because of the hard water
Nice* Hotel: Brush out my silky smooth hair straight out of the shower

Home: Hurry up and shower because the water is hard & the water pressure isn't all that great
Nice* Hotel: Stand underneath their AWESOME shower head for hours

*Nice = the kind of hotel I only SOMETIMES get when I have to go out of town.

Ok, I digress. All these things about a hotel may sound wonderful....but let's be honest. I am NOT the one paying for them and nothing beats waking up with the sun to hear my horses whinny for their breakfast...to walk my dogs in the orchard watching the sun rise......to smell the pot of coffee my husband put on.......the snuggle with my pups while I doze off......there is no place like home there is no place like home there is no place like home *click click*.....Dang, these ruby slippers aren't working. I am still looking out a window that won't open and has a view of high rises.

1 comment:

Art and Sew Forth said...

What a great post. I remember waking up to go milk goats when the kids were in 4-H...nothing like those little Maaa's of greetings in the morning!
Found you on sneak attack...and then saw you were a fellow near clevelander...I live in Burton!
beyond_5 on twitter...been tweeting you!