"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wild Violet Jelly

On Friday a friend posted a recipe for Wild Violet Jelly!
I decided to give it a try since we have wild violets EVERYWHERE!
Here is the link to the actual recipe we used.
Below is a 'pic-tory' [story in pictures] of my adventure in making wild violet jelly!

Hubby picking violets!






The water turns a beautiful blue color while they steep; I let mine steep overnight.


See the blue?



Then, when you add the lemon juice, the water turns purple!





Finished Product! It wasn't bad at all :) So we went back out last night and picked more ;)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea!

Julia said...

I am in love with this. Just the other day I was thinking of making something with my violets. But I don't have nearly enough I think. Maybe I'll try. The color is just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Julia -- it is SUPER easy and if you don't have any wild violets where you live, go to a park. You're sure to find some! I'd love to try your dandelion 'honey'! I just might.....

Julia said...

Of course! Good idea!